The supported website is based on domain, not brand. A brand may operate under different domains in different regions. For example, the
Hulu brand has two domains
www.hulu.jp should be treated as different websites, but most brands only have one domain, which will be specifically specified if necessary.
Request Support For New Website
To display subtitle on webpage, each website has its own approach, so for Dualsub to support a website, it needs to write adaptation code for the website.
Different websites have different restrictions:
- Whether the videos are free to watch.
- If the videos are paid to watch, are there any free episodes for trial?
- Whether it will distinguish the viewer, such as add extra restrictions according to the viewer's location or device?
- The technical complexity of the website, such as single-page application, subtitle format.
- Legal issues.
If you request support for a new website, please provide the following informations:
- Website URL: The full website URL.
- Test videos: The videos with multiple language subtitle.
For websites that only provide paid videos, the developer may ask you if you are willing to provide an account for testing.
Websites in the following situations will not be supported:
- Piracy or fraudulent websites.
- It is not a video-centric website.
- Websites that the developer cannot access and test.